The Iranian Review for Law of the Sea and Maritime Policy (IRLSMP) is a peer-reviewed academic research journal that is published biannually by the Imam Khomeini Maritime Sciences University (IMSU). The Journal has the Official Publication License No. 85988 dated 16 December 2019 from the Iranian Ministry of Culture and it is being licensed by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. The IRLSMP publishes academic papers in English and in French in the field of the Law of the Sea and Maritime Policy and the related subjects with the co-operation of distinguished scholars and researchers from Iran and other countries.
This journal covers a wide range of subjects related to the Law of the Sea and Maritime Policy. The papers can cover issues at all levels of national, regional, and international. These issues can, for example, relate to the followings, but not limited to them:
- Law Governing Maritime Zones (Territorial Sea, Contiguous Zone, Exclusive Economic Zone, and Continental Shelf).
- Law Governing International Straits, including the Strait of Hormuz.
- Law Governing Internal waters and Practice of Coastal States.
- Law Governing the High Seas and Its Legitimate Uses.
- Marine Environmental Law.
- Marine Scientific Research Law.
- Fisheries Law.
- Marine Tourism Law.
- Marine Sustainable Development law.
- Law Governing the Construction of Artificial Islands and other Authorized Installations.
- Law Governing Exploitation of Oil and other Resources at Sea.
- Law of Disputes Settlement and Competent Dispute Settlement Bodies within the framework of the Law of the Sea.
- Analysis of the Opinions of Dispute Settlement Bodies within the 1982 Convention on the Law of the Sea.
- Maritime Security and Countering Maritime Crimes (including Maritime Terrorism and Piracy) and the Role of Navis in International Law.
-Humanitarian Aid at sea.
-Maritime Insurance Law.
-Investment Law In Maritime Industry.
-Maritime Policy(the area of private and public policy concerned with the economics of maritime transport, ports, and terminals; national and international regulation; maritime security and defense; maritime labor; and oceanic law, policy, and management, maritime Economic Development in National, Regional and International Level).
The IRLSMP can also address related interdisciplinary issues in such areas as Maritime Economic Law.
Benefits of Publishing Paper in the IRLSMP
• Free publication of academic papers accepted by reviewers.
• Taking advantage of the views of experienced and specialized referees and the editorial board.
• Quick. Scientific and professional review of papers.
• Sending hardcopy and electronic versions of the Journal through mail and online.
• Online access to the Journal site and to accepted papers worldwide.
The Editorial Board of the IRLSMP Journal is determined to publish the 3rd issue in the second half of June 2021. We invite all professors and researchers specializing in the law of the sea and maritime policy to and other major related to law, seas, and oceans upload their scientific-research papers in accordance with the journal's guidelines on the journal's web site at the following address for review and publication. Submissions should not have been submitted to any domestic or foreign journals. Submissions should be submitted electronically at:
E-mail address: email@example.com